Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing and Sharing files thru Cable and Vonage routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

levelvibe

Technical User
May 24, 2006
US
Question, is it possible to access and share files between two computers, one connected to a Vonage router and the other connected to the DSL/CABLE router. If it is, how would one go about doing so? You help is greatly needed!! My configuration is like this: Cable modem going to my Cable router with a few PCs and the Vonage router attached to it. My Vonage router has a separate PC attached to it. My OS is Windows 2000.

The problem you have is of port forwarding through the Vonage router. The Vonage is expecting to see a WAN not another LAN on its WAN port. Simplest sollution is to take the Vontage out of the set up, i.e. connect the PC dirret to the cable router, next simplest is to turn the routing function off in the Vontage (is that posible?). Most difficult is to set up some static routes across the Vontage.
All the best
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back