Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing and Manipulating Exchange Calendars 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnemyGateIsDown

Technical User
Oct 3, 2002
GB
Hi Guys,

I have an application with which I want to connect to and manipulate Exchange Calendars which are hosted on an exchange server.

Has anyone done this before and can tell me where to look regarding references for this type of Exchange manipulation.

What I want to do is use a touchscreen application to view and modify data held in Exchange Calendars and so I am looking to develop a plugin which accesses and where necessary updates exchange calendars.

Any help is as always greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

try looking for webdav the exchange server will have to have OWA installed for it to work. I found it to be the easiest method of using exchange. You can also do it via odbc, outlook or ...

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

"My new site" - Me

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I am actually wanting to use use the exchange database with another front end. So it sounds like ODBC may be the way to go... All I need is access to the data for a calendar and then I can manipulate it using my application.

What kind of database does exchange use?

Thanks

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back