Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing Access through Crystal Reports demands "Admin" password

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidkewpie

Programmer
Nov 19, 2003
GB
Hi, I've made an access database as a pass-thru mechanism to run queries on an SQL server. The Access database work fine on my own machine running Access 97 under XP, but on trying to view the end Crystal reports, the Access file demands a password for "Admin".

I have never set this password, and the mdb file can be opened and modified directly by the other user in Access (97 under NT) itself (I have even actually SET and REMOVED an Admin password on the problematic machine), but not when it is called by another application.

As above, it works for me without any issues at all. is there likely to be some sort of system password set on the other machine or similar? There are certainly no fiel permissions in the way, we both have full control on the file. I've never looked at security on Access before, and i'm stuck. I've checked over the M$ Access Security FAQ, but can't see anything specific to this issue.

Thanks

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back