Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing Access files in peer-to-peer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piqaboo

Technical User
Sep 27, 2000
US
Hi all,

I have several machines set-up in a peer-to-peer. Is it possible for multiple users to access a singular file on the "parent" machine, edit the file and then "synchronize" the file so that the file is up-to-date from all the various updates by multiple users?

Thanks!

[sig][/sig]

Your setup is common.
As I understand it, you can have several users connected to one database. That database might be on one of the users machines acting like a server so the other users have access to the file. If you make a change to a record in a table, and no other user is currently editing that record (or a record near by, page locking ) then after saving your changes all other users that view that record will see your changes. If another user is juct viewing the data on their machine (not editing it) then the refresh interval will display the current changes to the file.

I hope this helps! [sig]<p>John A. Gilman<br><a href=mailto:gms@uslink.net>gms@uslink.net</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back