Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing a spesific server behind loadbalancer, WebSEAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palooka

Programmer
May 22, 2001
NO
I'm trying to get a grip on how the setup here is, and how to access a specific server. I am currently at a new project and have been told that WebSeal is used as both an access manager and a load balancer.

When I acces this application, Webseal will forward me to one of two available application servers backend. Does anyone know if it is possible to specify which of the servers I want to connect to?

It seems to me that this is somewhat cookie-based. When I log on in the morning, I am assigned to one of the servers, and no matter how many times I log out, I am always assigned to that same server for the rest of the day.

I would like to have an option, for instance a querystring parameter, to specify that I should be forwarded to the other server. Does anyone know if this is possible?

(I know the info regarding the Webseal setup in thi case is scarce, but this is all I know, and it seems quite a challenge to retrieve further information from the external infrastructure team.)

Any help or pointers appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back