Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

accessing a DLL function from JavaScript/ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudshark

Programmer
Sep 26, 2000
US
New to JavaScript (old 'C' and 'C++' programmer)

I am not looking for a detailed answer (although that would be above-and-beyond) but a general idea of:

How do I call a C++ DLL (non-registerable) from JavaScript/ASP? I can call it OK from VBScript using "Server.CreateObject" - however I can't figure out how to access the DLL's functions from JavaScript/ASP?

Thanks for your time... [sig][/sig]

if it's not an ActiveX dll, you cannot use API in ASP, you would have to create an ActiveX dll, to gain access to the non-registerable dll. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

You can try to call the vbscript function from Jscript. You have both vbscript and javascript in your program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back