Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessibility Wizard runs whenever I start my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuralCS

Technical User
Feb 22, 2004
US
Here's a strange (and possibly stupid) question. I have a PC running Windows ME that runs the Accessibility Wizard whenever the PC starts. I've checked all Startup folders and MSCONFIG, and also checked Accessibility Options in the Control Panel for a way to turn this off. Even if I walk through the wizard and exit, it reappears next time I boot the PC up. Am I missing somewhere where its startup command is located?

Go to Start, Programs, accessories, accesibilty,utility manager and uncheck anything that says start when windows starts. If that does not work go to start, run, msconfig, starup tab, and uncheck it there.

Thanks mrfixit, I'll check out the Accessibility Utility Mgr. tomorrow (I don't have the PC in front of me). I have already verified that no Accessibility features are selected to run on startup from inside the Startup tab of MSCONFIG.
I'll reply as to whether or not this works.

I checked the Accessibility menu, and there's no Utility Manager. There were only 3 options (unfortunately I can't recall what they were), but no way of disabling the AW on startup.

Any other suggestions?

Ok lets do this go to START, Programs, Accessories, system tools, disk cleanup, select more options, Windows components, now select the accessiable options and uncheck it. This will uninstall them if you do not need them. You can always and them back.

Hey Mr. Fixit,
I stopped the Accessibility Wizard from running by unchecking it from Disk Cleanup, as you suggested. I'm still not quite sure why it was starting at bootup, but at least the problem is stopped. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back