Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access97: Installing Runtime version on PCs with Network install

Status
Not open for further replies.

agc1976

Programmer
May 2, 2001
PR
Hi,

Where I work, all computers run MS Office with network installations, that is, all Office applications run from a network drive (T:).

For performance issues, I want to install the runtime version of MS Access to the (C:) drive of every computer. I created the setup job using MS ODE tools and everything went fine. However, when I run the setup at the workstations, it will automatically try to install the runtime files in the default MS Office directory (in network drive (T:)).

Is there any way to override this and force the runtime files to install in drive (C:)?

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Alfredo

There should be a change path or customize option somewhere during the install procedure. I have both the Office 97 and Office 2000 developer kits, but due to the way my system is setup write now I can't install the Office 97 developer to give you more explicit instructions right now. In the Access 2000 runtime, you click the Custom install button to change the path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back