Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access97 Crashes at Allowadditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gail711

Programmer
Feb 17, 2004
GB
I have an Access97 database which I'm in the middle of rolling out to several people. I've sent it to over 30 PCs so far with no problems, however, i have found 6 PCs where it refuses to work properly.
I use the code below to open a form, on the problem PC when it reaches the allowaddition part it kills access, with no error messages. I commented out that part and it goes a little further and then doees the same thing (I have no idea where, i've tried debugging and it just closes access suddenly). I tried reinstalling access but this made no difference.
I also noticed that although the forms should have scroll bars there are none showing. Is there a dll or anything that i can register that may help?
All the PCs are running XP.
-----
Public Sub MailInUp()
On Error GoTo ErrMailUpOpen

strMailNew = "MailUpdate"
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmMailUp", acNormal, , , acFormEdit
Forms!frmMailup.Form.AllowAdditions = False
Forms!frmMailup.Form!tabSearch.Visible = True
Forms!frmMailup.Form.RecordSource = "qryfrmmailin"
Forms!frmMailup.Form!lblTitle.Caption = "Update Incoming Mail"
Forms!frmMailup.Caption = "Update Form"

ExitMailUpOpen:
Exit Sub
ErrMailUpOpen:
displaymessage err.number & err.description
End Sub
-------
Thanks

I think you can safely conclude that if the app works on most machines but fails on a few that the problem lies with the setup of Access on the problem machines.
Make sure all machines are on the latest service release (sr2) and the same Jet service pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back