Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access XP Trouble opening all records on duplicate copies of DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2003
US
Greetings all,

For a first post (but not the first read here!), I've got a doozie!

One of my customers, has an Access database, created in Office 97, but converted to Office XP upon opening. (Prior to my arriving on the scene, by weeks/months)

They are currently trying to access this file from multiple PCs, and can do so, but when opened (even an exact copy, not shared, not over network), the 2nd PC does not open all the records that should be available. Why? How do I fix?

The functionality goes as such:

Open Access DB, select the form desired from the opening menu, and the listing of records down at the bottom shows a different number on the two systems. On the "production" system, it shows (when I was there last) something like 10500 records, but the machine which we are trying to gain access to this system on, shows 9400 records (or so).

Again, this happens regardless of whether it is a shared copy of the DB, or one that has been copied to the PC locally.

Any help would be appriciated, as I'm not an Access Guru, but rather a network guy that's trying to help my customer out.

Thanks
-Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back