Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access XP Docmd.OpenReport acViewPreview not working in Office XP SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

stable

Programmer
Mar 19, 2003
NZ
Hello,

I have developed an Access .adp front end application that uses SQL 2000 database in the backend for a client. The client has 3 machines - 2 with Access XP and the 3rd with Access 2003.

Initially all machines did not have any MS Office Service pack installed. The application allows the user to preview several reports (more than 10), achieved by using Docmd command in the Onclick event procedure in vba.

E.g: DoCmd.OpenReport "rptAppNums", acViewPreview

The record source for each report is generally a stored procedure with input parameters taken from options on a form.

There was just one report that could not be previewed - it just does not display the report. Next I put debug.print in the code and established that the report in question does open but just does not preview. This report is very similar to other reports that can be previewed successfully.

Next I installed Office 2003 service pack 2 and Office XP SP3 for the other 2 machines.

Now the Access 2003 version works fine for all reports, however SP3 for Office XP has not rectified previewing of the report in question on the other 2 machines.

Does anyone have ideas on how I can correct this problem? Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back