Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access WSO- web subscriber option for greeting upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayatech1986

Technical User
Oct 2, 2015
IN
Hi friends,
I'm trying to upload a wav file as personal greeting.
I think we can achieve this via WSO- but I'm unable to access WSO.

I've tried mas ip/wso but it does not like it.

What am I missing? please assist.

Are you sure it is installed ? What server is it installed on ? Also see below

Problem Clarification

After installing Web Subscriber Options on a MAS or stand alone server, when trying to login with mailbox information subscriber gets error 'unable to connect to remote server.'
Cause

Invalid certificates.

You must use Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) to connect.
Solution

Install certificates and verify correct port configuration of MAS config file on WSO server.

Clear all certificates that had been previously installed.

Click on Start -> Run -> mmc -> Add snapin -> Certificates.

1. Remove certificates with MAS FQDN and from personal and trusted root certificate folders.

2. Click on Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.

Go to properties on Default Web Site -> Directory Security -> Server Certificate -> Remove current certificate.

Go to properties on MM_WebService -> Directory Security -> Server Certificate -> Remove current certificate.

3. Create and import new certificates:

On the WSO server Click on Start -> Run -> cmd - When the Command Prompt Window opens type the following:

cd C:Avaya_Support\Scripts (cr)

CreateNInstallCert /FQDN (space) FQDN of Server (cr)

When that completes, continue with the following instructions:

1. Open current user temp folder (Start -> Run -> %temp%.)

2. Copy ca.cer and x509.cer to the desktop (CreateNInstallCert script creates these.)

3. Right click -> on ca.cer and select install certificate, install in the Trusted Root folder.

4. Right click -> on x509.cer and select install, install in the Personal folder.

5. Verify both certs have no issues (red x or yellow exclamation.)

Associate IIS Default Web Site and MM_WebService to the certificates you just created:

(Click on Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.)

1. Go to properties on Default Web Site -> Directory Security -> Server Certificate -> Assign an existing certificate ->

Select the certificate you created. This should be the one with the FQDN of the server you are installing WSO on.

2. Go to properties on MM_WebService -> Directory Security -> Server Certificate -> Assign an existing certificate ->

Select the certificate you created. This should be the one with the FQDN of the server you are installing WSO on.

Verify MAS File settings:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Avaya Modular Messaging\Web Subscriber Options\masinfo.cfg.

2. Open masinfo.cfg in notepad.

3. Verify MAS entry is (Even if this in on as standalone server, it must be the FQDN of MAS 1.)

4. Save masinfo.cfg file – You may have to stop IIS to save.

Verify IIS Settings:

(Click on Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.)

Under IIS Web SitesDefault Web Pages – The SSL Port must be 443.

Under IIS Web SitesMM_Web Service – The SSL Port must be 55443.

1. Reset IIS (rightclick Internet Information Services -> All tasks -> Reset IIS.)

Test using secure http link (
Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thanks Ken. What if it is not? is there a way I can still upload the wav file as personal greeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back