Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Working with Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvhazelbaker

Programmer
Dec 15, 2004
US
I'm trying to export tasks from Outlook into Access as well as import tasks from Access to Outlook. This will be used via a network by at least 100 different users. Any ideas on how this can be done?

Jvhazelbaker,

I am trying to accomplish the same, and like you, I am having a hard time figuring out what to do.

I have tried linking the task folder to my access database, but the only fields I get are the following:
% Complete
Team Task
Start Date
Due Date
Date Completed
Actual Work
Total Work
Owner
Requested By
Task Order (debug)
Recurring
Role
Schedule+ Priority

As you can see, it leaves out subject and message, which I would think would be the most important ones to include!

MSDN has a great article on sending a task to access, but I can’t find anything about exporting the task from outlook to access. See:

I have been asked to develop a suspense tracking program that will be feed by a task from outlook. So when the big boss sends a task to the number 2 person then they would bring it into my program (programtically I hope) and assign the task to one of six sections who would then work the tasking.

If anyone has any ideas or advice I would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks in advance…

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back