Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access - Word Merge, Can't get merged doc to print

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildHare

MIS
Mar 1, 2002
US
OK, 98% of the way there.

Have a simple system to sent some Access data to a Word document, do a mail merge, and print.

Everything works except the print.

I thought I'd read that once you do a "MailMerge.Execute", the "merged document" becomes the ActiveDocument, so if you do a
Code:
.MailMerge.Execute
ActiveDocument.Printout

the newly merged document with DATA in the field code spots will print - but what prints for me is the original one with the field codes, not the merged result letter.

What am I missing?...

Thanks!

Jim

--------------------------------------
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman
More Access Help:

Update : Never mind - found it. The Documents collection puts the MERGED document in as Documents(1), and the original as Documents(2) - I thought it was the other way around, when I tried Activating Documents(2)...

--------------------------------------
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman
More Access Help:

If you don't want to save the merged document:
.MailMerge.Destination = wdSendToPrinter
.MailMerge.Execute

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back