Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access & Word Date Formats 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

damaruk

Technical User
Aug 2, 2000
GB
As per previous posting. I have a Access database with long date field and Table formats. This information is transferred into a letter in Word to confirm appointment date, but in word the date is the short format 16/11/00 rather than 16 November 2000. Previous posting suggested that I alter the short date format in regional settings to long, this I did and fixed the word problem BUT hey presto messed all the other short dates up in other applications. Can anybody tell me how to get a long date format in Access to be mimicked in a mergefield in Word without altering regional settings.

Dam:

After you've created your mailmerge fields, hit Alt-F9 to view the codes. You need your date code to look like this:

{ MERGEFIELD Date \@ "dd MMMM yyyy"}

Where: Date is the name of your date field

Then, hit Alt-F9, hit the <<abc>> so you can see the sample. You may need to click on that merge field and hit F9 to update so it shows the new format.

You can find other codes to add to mergefields by doing the Insert-Field command and using the codes that are used in the Options under some of those fields. Edit your merge field accordingly.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back