Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Won't allow multiple users to login

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavinjb

Programmer
Apr 24, 2003
GB
Hi,

Recently I have been having problems on partiucular PC's when the user logs into any of my access 2000 databases, no one else then can login, has anyone else had this problem and know how to resolve it, I have looked through all the options but cant find anything that could impact this.

Thanks,

Gavin,

Two related possibilities spring to mind immediately.
1: the first user in is doing some design work - this would automatically switch to exclusive access mode and prevent anyone else opening the database
2:the first user is opening the database in exclusive mode as the default open mode: look at Tools>Options>advanced and make sure it is set to Shared.

Hi

A third possibility for you, have you been changing Network access permissions in the relevant folders, users must have full rights in folder where Accessmdb is located to allow for create/update/delete of teh lock file in that folder

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Thanks for your suggestions I have checked them all and none of these apply.

Gavin,

When one user has the database open is there a .ldb file in the database folder with the same name as the database?

yes, the ldb file is being created. Gavin,

Sorry I just posted the wrong thing, my Pc is playing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back