Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access violation rtl100.bpl

Status
Not open for further replies.

leit0050

Technical User
Sep 4, 2007
US
Hello,
I've been working on a package from an old legacy project. To my understanding, the package creates a red colored button...maybe more.
I had to change the package to get it to build. Once that was done, I installed the package by using Component->Install Packages and added the AMTPkg.bpl file.
When I go to the form, I can search for TColorButton on the tool palette and it does show up. However, when I place the component on the form I get the following error.
Access violation at address 20005318 in module 'rtl100.bpl.' Write of FFFFFFB3.

What is happening and how do I fix this? The original source would not compile properly. I had to fix this by making the following changes in the following files.

line: 105
file: colorbtn.h
Original Code:
Forms::TModalResult fModalResult

Compiler error:
[BCC32 Error] ColorBtn.h(105): E2316 'TModalResult' is not a member of 'Forms'

Changed code to:
Controls::TModalResult fModalResult

If this was not the correct change, please let me know. I thought I traced TModalResult to be of type Controls.

Another change

line: 176
file: colorbtn.h
Original Code:
__property Forms::TModalResult ModalResult={read=fModalResult, write=fModalResult, default=0};

Compiler error:
[BCC32 Error] ColorBtn.h(176): E2316 'TModalResult' is not a member of 'Forms'

Changed code to:
__property Controls::TModalResult ModalResult={read=fModalResult, write=fModalResult, default=0};

The project also asked for VCL35.bpi and VCLX35.bpi under the requires folder. I had changed these to VCL.bpi and VCLX.bpi . Would this have been the correct substitution?

Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back