Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Violation (Dr. Watson) with ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

be35g

Programmer
Dec 5, 2000
US
I am calling a Crystal Report (8.5) from a VB 6.0 script and am getting an "Exception number: C0000005 (Access Violation) from Dr. Watson. This script worked fine prior to changing from a System .dsn to a file .dsn. The report also runs fine from the file.dsn when run standalone. Anyone got any clues - seems to have something with a problem getting access through ODBC. Again, passing the SetLogOnInfo worked fine prior to the file.dsn and the file.dsn works ok standalone. I'm stumped!!!

Thanks for any help.

Crystal Decisions provided the answer - you must create a report using a File dsn if you later want to look at a File dsn on the network for the production version. I was trying to develop and test against a user dsn and then point to a File dsn for production. Now I know!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back