Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Validation Rule - Leading Spaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

LauraW

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2016
US
Good Morning,

I have an access database that multiple users do data entry intro. I have both first and last name fields that are required. However, I am getting "blanks" in that fields because they are using the space bar and access considers that a character. Is there a validation rule that does not allow for leading spaces but will allow for spaces within the name such as De Rosa?

Thank you for your help.

Laura~

This is an SQL Server forum, you should ask your question in one of the Access forums.

You can Trim your LastName / FirstName fields during Insert or Update, or at LostFocus event...?

Have fun.

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

Opps sorry.... wrong forum - lack of coffee this morning!. I will repost in the Access area!

Laura~

ALL your data entry ought to be via a Form that has all the validation necessary for each field.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back