Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to your Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpiopy

Technical User
Feb 4, 2008
US
I need to know how to program in my callpilot for access from outside line.

What do you mean by access.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

From example you call to you company and you need to access to your mailbox, enter to your mailbox externally?

I have a callpilot 201i card for CS1000.

Sorry for my english

At some point you have to be connected to the voicemail system. For example:
Call main business telephone number or your DID.
If answered by receptionist, you will be transferred to your mailbox, press "**" during your greeting. You will be prompted to enter your
mailbox number and password followed by the "#" key.
If answered by automated attendant, press "**" during greeting. You will be prompted to enter your mailbox number and password followed by the "#" key.

You can also use one of your DIDs to setup an SDN to the Voice Messaging App. You dial the number from an external source and are connected directly to the system (Just like you had pressed the Message key on your phone at your desk).

Could be considered a security risk but that depends on your company and your situation.

The Phone Fox

Example:

1. Your extension is 5555
2. To call your office from home you dial 333-444-5555
3. 333 being NPA / 444 being NXX / 5555 is your DN

If you are at your desk and you dial 7777 to get to vmail, you would do something similar to call the voicemail from your home.

1. you call 333-444-7777 and you would get the same prompts as if you dialed 7777 from in your office.

Now if you don't have a DID number assigned as your Voice Messaging access CDN, then you may have to create one in the PBX and then add it to your service DN's.

To do this, just pick a DID extension (5556) for example.

Create either a phantom TN or dummy ACDN. I prefer a Phantom TN with DCFW 4 to 5556. If you are making a dummy ACDN you would NCFW to 5556 with MAXP set to 1.

Then you log into Call Pilot Manager and find the Service DNs (don't quote me on the name but it is the drop down just to the right of "User".

Create a new Service DN (5556) and set the type as Voice Messaging. Save, yada yada.....logoff.

Then you can dial 333-444-5556 from home and log into your Call Pilot to retreive your voicemails.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back