Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to WAN IP Address fron inside network

Status
Not open for further replies.

s020822

Technical User
Feb 15, 2013
DK
Hi Guys,

I have configured my ASA5505 with one static IP address on the WAN side and added some NAT rules using port forwarding on the indicidual ports. So Port 80 points to one server, port 3777 to another and so on. Same puclig IP. They Work perfectly. From the outside. From time to time I need to access an internal server using the external IP Address (i.e. the CCTV server where the Phone App uses the external IP Address so it can be used from both inside and outside). IT DOESN'T WORK ... After what I have read I can't use the external IP Address as it doesn't respond from the inside Network.

What can I do to fix this ;)

- I read about DNS Rewrite (Translate the DNS replies that match the translation rule). However, that is grey in my ASDM due to the PAT translation ..
- I thought about doing some DNS-stuff. So rather than using the external IP address I could use internal.domain.com and then set the A record to point to the external IP address. Is there anywhere on the ASA where I can filter these requests and alter them to talk to the internal address rather than the external address ?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back