Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to touchscreen designer on EM Clients Micros 4.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

alrmd

Programmer
Aug 19, 2013
MX
Hi.
I have Micros 4.9 with EM system server in order to synchronize all my stores clients, but I want to do some tests creating new slu's buttons in my touchscreen designer, and I don't want to do this in my EM server, because there are a lot of tests, and after that i am going to make my changes in my EM server based on those tests. I need to do my tests in actual databases, so I would like to be able to have access to create buttons in the touchscreen designer in EM clients.
There are some trick to do that ?

Thanks in advanced.

For EM-managed touchscreen changes, I make the changes on the EM server and push them to a lab system to validate.

In general with EM, you do NOT want to change anything at the local store level that you don't have to, even on a lab system. It is very easy to change the linkage between tables and lose EM management capability over that area for that system.

You can create a lab server just like you would for a new store, and then unlink it from EM. It would then be a stand-alone install, but thats ok because thats how it would be the other way around too. You can't edit touchscreen locally on EM managed stores no matter what you do; editing it directly in the database is a good way to cause future deployments to fail utterly.

You could always create a new TS version if you want to modify one of your existing screens and link that version to your lab system in the Enterprise>>Assign Touchscreens. We do that all the time for testing new layouts/functions.

Thanks a lot for answers.
But i found how to enter into the Touchscreen designer and create some buttons.
First i open the POS Configurator, after that i open the Sybase Central and i have to locate the table [em_status] and then i change the value of the field [store_type] to 'T'.
Then i open the [Menu Items] option from the [Sales] Menu (it will do nothing), and now, if i open the Touchscreen designer i will be able to create, modify buttons, etc.
I have to return the value of the field changed before that was 'T', in order to have acces into the option [Menu Items] again.
I hope it will be usefull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back