Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access to SYSVOL on DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hondy

Technical User
Mar 3, 2003
GB
Hi

One of my servers occassionaly can't access \\domain.com\sysvol which is causing GPO issues, any idea where to start?

Sometimes it can't log on so there is obviously some sort of connectivity problem. I can telnet to the SMB port 445 but I can't browse the DC.

Sounds like a permissions issue but if i browse \\domain.dc it should at least show me the available shares but it can't find the path.

So, connectivity is ok (telnet works to the DCs) but I can't see the domains shares? FRS issue maybe?

Thanks

Anything in the event logs?? DNS all ok??

Think about using Ultrasound to monitor your FRS replication;

Paul
MCSE 2003
MCSA 2003
MCITP Enterprise Administrator

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
Scott Adams

i'll give it a go, I actually believe its one of the domain controllers playing up. DNS is fine, the client event logs show errors in finding the network resource but it only seems to be when it resolves to a particular DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back