Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to PowerPoint - slide show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moss100

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
GB
Hello,

I would like to create a slide show to market properties for a small real estate agent.

I have done this by creating an access form which cycles through records and displays photos and details of each property. The records change using an timer event.

It was quick and easy to develop and works reliably, but unfortunately as the record changes it is not very smooth, with images loading and data updating.

I was wondering if it’s possible to output the data to run a slide show from PowerPoint. I’m hoping this would be smoother as well as looking a bit more polished by way of transitions etc...

Alternatively there may be a better approach??

Many thanks mark.

I am not a PowerPoint person but if you were wanting to push things into Word or Excel, I would suggest doing parts of the thing manually while recording a macro. Then it is a relative simple thing to convert to automation based on the recorded macro. In your case I would expect you could loop over a recordset to create your PowerPoint presentation with pictures. As to the best way to make that look good, I think you are in the wrong forum. You might try the general Office VBA forum or ask about how to do the things else where to figure out what to record. Automating creating the presentation is just my gut 50,000 foot peanut gallery opinion of a way to go.

Best of luck.

Be courteous and link other tek-tips threads you start here in case someone stumbles across this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back