Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to Oracle conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

igor5190

Programmer
Mar 3, 2002
US
I am moving 3 tables from Access to Oracle. The tables will stay exactly the same (field names, data types, length, etc). The only thing that has changed is table names. I have several Crystal reports getting data from that Access database; is there a way to repoint them to the tables that are now in Oracle without having to recreate them? Thanks for the help...

Igor

Go to the Database menu, select Set Location, and then select your new datasource from there.

You need to repeat this process for each of your reports which used the Access tables.

All the best,

Naith

Thanks Naith...
I did do that, but it was looking for the old table name for some reason. So, I had to make an alias for the old table to be the same as the name of the new table (which is now in Oracle). And, it worked... However, when I try to lunch those reports from my VB interface, it gives me the following error: "error: 20599 During Report Generation". I suspect it has to do with the rights to the Oracle server. Any idea?
Thanks again for your help...
Igor

Can you kick off a SQL session against the Oracle database from the same machine using the same login details, and execute a query without fault?

Yes, I can. The report works as well when i run it trough crystal. When i do that (run it through crystal), it does ask me for userID and password to login onto the Oracle server. I guess, the login info does not get saved...

Thanks,

Igor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back