Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to Networks Using VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

v3user

Technical User
Aug 8, 2006
US
I have a small problem, at my office I have two networks one network is 192.168.2.0 network and my other network is 192.168.10.0 both networks "talk" to each other using Cisco IPsec VPN.

My problem is when remote users dialin to our windows VPN they dial into my 192.168.2.0 network which they can access fine but they cannot access my 192.168.10.0 network. I created a static route on my server for the .10.0 network and it works fine if we select the option to use the VPN connection gateway as the default, which is the problem. Most remote users don't want to use the VPN connection as their default gateway.

Does anyone know of a way have the client machine setup an automatic static route to my 10.0 network with out using the VPN connections as the default?

Or is there maybe a 3rd party VPN Client that would allow similar configuration as I'm looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back