Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to Multiple Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

tartanman

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
AU
G'Day,

We have recently started the wonderful move to an XP SOE, however we needed to stage the cut-over. This staging has caused us to run two domains! One for the "legacy" NT systems and a new one for the XP/2000.

When we rolled out XP to one of our PC's we found that we could not conect the Crystal Reports, through the APS, to the enterprise folder.

The NT PC running on the "Legacy" domain is still quite happy, however the XP system fails to do anything, even if we add the old domain to the begining of the APS server in the login (i.e. "domain"\"servername")

Does anyone know if we have to alter the enterprise config to allow in the new domain? The NT admin team, swear they have set up all the cross domain rights!!

HELP

TARTANMAN

PS. Sorry havn't been online for sometime, as I'm running another project!

Hi,

Where is your CE system located? We have independent report server to serve more than 3 web projects. Even for my own project, we have 3 stage domains (Development server, UAT server and Production server) to connect to the Report server. CE was fully installed on report server and all others application server only installed web connector. Those have been running for more than a year and seems no problem.

The only one time problem we encountered other than Report server doesn't work was related with required NTFS permissions with the report server, which was explained by crystal decisions. Sorry, I forgot the file name but i think you can find it in CD's website.

Hope it helps.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back