Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to MSDE database - ContactStore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmicsniper

Programmer
Jun 1, 2005
US
Does anyone know how to access the MSDE database used by ContactStore and have tips to rebuild? I migrated a customer's CS data to a second hard drive due to a vendor incorrectly installing on the OS partition. I'm able to see new records in CS when searching but not old records.

I've installed MSDE Manager but cannot login to this database. To confirm, the database is the eware.mdf file, correct? Thanks for your comments.

The first time i needed to do it I followed MRIpo guide,
Its stuck with me ever since. Works every time.

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

Thanks for your comments. To clarify:

I have the pre- eware.mdf and eware.ldf files and the customer's call data. What I don't have is an eware.bak file.

I used the MS SQL Mgmt Studio Express. I pasted the original eware.mdf and eware.ldf files into the data folder and I can run a query on the eware calls and see the customer call data going back to 2006. After restarting CS service, if I try to launch the web browser for ContactStore, it times out.

If I put the new eware.mdf and eware.ldf files back to the data folder, CS web portal will fire up but I see only new call data made since reinstalling, not the old.

I'm having a bit of trouble following the instructions in MSDE Manager as the screenshots no longer match the new look of that application. I can connect with that now, btw. I forgot to specify "servername\contactstore".

Thanks. I'm just not savy with SQL and trying my best. :|

ACS Implement

I used the MS SQL Mgmt Studio Express
Part of the SQL 2005 family...

Contact Store will not work if it is installed on a PC with any flavour of SQL server 2005 installed on it. This is one of the reasons why Avaya do not support this configuration.

This is something to do with the 2 servers conflicting...

I have experienced the same symptoms as you, in order to get it working uninstall SQL 2005...

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Fixed my issue in MSDE. See Tech-Tip 175. Used MS Excel to generate (edit-fill-series) 182,225 15-digit numbers to match call files. Pasted this to redo.txt file and dropped into the VRL directory in VMPro. Just like magic...database restored.

Thanks for your comments!

ACS Implement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back