Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to Menus - 8800/Mod Msg - all current Releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skim6225

MIS
Sep 11, 2012
US
I have a new client who has a menu that needs to be changed: "Thanks for calling.....press 1 for, press 2 for....". I checked the VDN/Vector for routing and handling of the call but where do the menu's reside (Mod Msg I'm sure) and how are they accessed for recording the greetings?

It might be a caller app or it might be the Auto attendant. They are 2 different things in MM.

If you are unfamiliar with how this setup works it will be hard to describe how to change it.

Look for caller applications in the menu and see if any are in use on the system and what the called number is first.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Understand. I looked in the MM and saw Subscriber Admin but found nothing about menus. Until I can figure it out how does the end user access the greetings to change them..i.e..what's the process?

Look for caller applications in the MM menu on the MAS is the first step but even if you find it there are 2 ways it can be recorded. I would recommend hiring someone to show you the first time.

If it is the AA then you have to take the system off line to get to the file that holds the recording and the menu.

Ken Means

Checked the AA. Not there. Has to be in the MAS. I connected to it but could not find it. I'll seek help.

What do you mean you checked the AA I mean the Auto attendant in the MAS but you need visual editor for that

Ken Means

Gotcha. Misunderstood. Took the advice and got Avaya involved. I think we're okay now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back