Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to IDF rooms in other tenant's suites 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telemarksman

Vendor
Dec 19, 2007
US
I am being denied access to an intermediate telephone room that feeds from the MPOE to my customers phone room. Does anyone know the legalities of this issue? Does anyone know the specific legal sections that I can cite? Other tenant has kicked me out of his suite, and denied me access to telephone room where I need to do cross connects. Thank you.

You should always involve the Building Management prior to attempting to access another tenants suite so that you keep your bases covered with the building.

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

For tenant situations, I've always called building Maintenence before even asking for access to another suite. Usually, they'll give me their cell number, and can resolve any issues before they become "legal".

Whatever local politics are involved, it falls on the landlord, or management company to guarantee you access for other tenants.

also keep in mind never ever,ever be in a tenants place alone for any time , you leave yourself open for all kinds of false accusations

have you noticed that most of the error causes today are between the Chair and the desk ?????

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back