Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access the Web through a hyperlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhl

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2001
US
I am an access novice.

I have a table of about 600,000 items. One of the fields is a hyperlink. I need to execute the hyperlink and load the results of the hyperlink in a field for each of the 600,000 items.

Can anyone tell me the best way to do this.

Thank you

Is there a different hyperlink for each record and what is going to be returned from the hyperlink?

Bob Scriver
[blue]Want the best answers? See FAQ181-2886[/blue]

Each records has a hyperlink that contains an Item key which is different. It should access annotation data which I need to bring back into the database in a seperate field.

I am at a loss as to how to do this but if you are able (keeping in mind security) to provide one of the hyperlinks for testing I am interested in attempting to figure it out.

In the meantime, anyone else that wants to jump in here please do.

Bob Scriver
[blue]Want the best answers? See FAQ181-2886[/blue]

BHL.

I had a similar problem presenting hyperlinks from a database in a FP website using the results region.

Basically I converted the results field in question into a hyperlink and inserted a database column value in the result field. e.g:

Database field is "Property"

Linked this to database field "Index"

I then created a HTML file for each property (you could just as easily simply point to a file that already exists) and when someone clicks on the link. Presto...!

Another problem I solved some time ago was using the hyperlink property in MS Access to link to local files. this was relatively simple and all I had to do was use relative UNC pathnames.

Please use the link below to get hold of me if you need some examples as the Tek-Tips e-mail alert seems to be screwed up at the moment.

----------------------------
Cogito Ergo Sum [jester2]
----------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back