Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Tables/Queries/Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbvcbr

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2007
US
I have a small question. I copied Northwind.mdb
from my home desktop to my notebook. While I am
on the road, I created some new queries, when I get
back to home, I copied to back to desktop only newly created queries. (since data is same in tables, in both handheld and notebook). Is this okay, or do I have to copy
both tables and queries back from handheld to desktop ?

Same case with forms also, I copied some forms
on the nothbook, and changed default of the forms,
then copied back to desktop.

I just want to make sure I am not damaging the
tables data with these additions (queries and forms).

Any suggestions ?
Thanks,

it's ok to do this, forms and queries exist independantly from tables and each other.

although what does it actually matter that you damage the northwind database? It's there for you to play around with and test and stuff...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

Thank you for the reply.
Just to make clear understanding, I used northwind.mdb.
In reality it is my real database, named Suppliers.mdb,
dealing with various product suppliers, countries,
orders, etc. Similar to northwind.mdb.

Good day

To save on aggravation of copying and pasting , the best approach I find is to create a replica on your notebook.

when your finished writting in your notebook, you just synchronize with your local copy and that is it. you donthave to do anything else. just make sure thought that you known which is the master and which is the replica. you cannot make changes in the replica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back