Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access - System Resource Exceeded

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoBetter

Technical User
Mar 19, 2007
US
I am currently running Microsoft XP with 1 GB of RAM and the Virtual Memory is set:

Initial Size (MB): 1524
Maximum Size (MB): 3048

I have a 75 GB hard drive:

34.6 GB Used
39.7 GB Free

I created a Microsoft Office Professional 2003 Access db that grew and I compacted it, so the size is now 1,360 KB (1.32 MB)...; however, when I tried to execute a query I still receive a message that indicates "System Resource Exceeded".

Is there a limit on the size a db can grow or is there something obviously or suspiciously wrong?

Any assistance or comments on this...?

Thanks

Your database is tiny (the limit is 2GB), so that is not the problem. Next step: show us your query.

Try the solution in this article...

I find in complex queries the defaul maxlocksperfile setting often causes problem. First thing I always try. If it takes longer to fail after increasing, it is working but you have not set it large enough.

Thanks JoeAtWork... I went with lameid idea and implemented the following code to increase the db lock while it is opened:

Sub LargeUpdate()
On Error GoTo LargeUpdate_Error
Dim db As DAO.Database, ws As DAO.Workspace

' Set MaxLocksPerFile.
DBEngine.SetOption dbMaxLocksPerFile, 429496777

Set db = CurrentDb
Set ws = Workspaces(0)

' Perform the update.
ws.BeginTrans
db.Execute "UPDATE TEMP SET field1 = 'Updated field'", _
dbFailOnError

ws.CommitTrans

db.Close
MsgBox "Done!"
Exit Sub

LargeUpdate_Error:
MsgBox Err & " " & Error
ws.Rollback
MsgBox "Operation Failed - Update Canceled"
End Sub

-----
However, an error message appears:

3061 Too few parameters. Expected 1.

Operation Failed. - Update Canceled

Is there something that I am leaving out in the code since it appears the code is looking for something extra.

Thanks

Nothing is jumping out at me to cause that error.

It is likely the SQL statement you are using with your Execute statement. Try pasting the SQL string into a query to check its syntax.

Try commenting out the On Error line and debuging to see what line it is failing on. That is a key piece of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back