Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access/SQL Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebbieChapman

Programmer
May 25, 2003
GB
I have and Access 2000 Database, linked to an SQL Server 7 Database. At the moment there is limited securtity within the database. The Database uses SQL Server authentication. trouble is both the user name and the password are the same, the User of the database. this is picked up from access using the GerUser Function, which then makes up a string and sets a connection object in access. Whereas this works quite well, it does'nt give us any flexibility, in particular if a user wants to choose his own password, or it doesn't allow a password change after a limited time ect etc.

What I want to do is have a logon form at startup, asking for a password, once the password is given i then want to see if the connection works then either carryon within the database or bin the user out if he hasn't got the right password etc etc, and also give them the option to be able to change the password, as and whn required. Basically to mimic what can be done with an NT logon.

Has anyone got a sample database or anything to give me a start on setting this up? Or can anyone give me any pointers

Cheers

Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back