Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access shares via VPN (Checkpoint)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSellden

Technical User
Feb 17, 2004
SE
Hi,

I have a problem. We have a 2003 domain with a few users using laptops, who wants to be able to connect to the network remote.
Our network has a Checkpoint Safe@Office firewall, the clients has the Checkpoint SecuRemote software installed. So the firewall is handling all the VPN-stuff.

Problem: I can browse to shares as a Domain Admin but not as a regular user (a prompt for username and password pops up). When they are inside the network it's no problem. Ping servers remote is no problem it's just the file browsing, both fileserver and netlogon folders on DC's as well. Any ideas?

Regards
Johan

Just so I understand
You have remote users who need to access the network from outside the firewall. The problem is that when these users log on from outside the network they cannot browse the network, however as a Domain Adminstrator you can successfully access the network and browse shares without problem.
let me know if this is correct, however I will proceed based on this being an accurate snapshot of the issue.

I'm going to guess that the issue could be related to your user permissions. When you say "regular user" does that mean your laptop users belong to the "mobile users" group, power users etc? You may need to add these permissions. Also you could test this theory by temporarily adding a "regular user" to the mobile users group for example and see if access to the network is possible. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back