Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access security

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossmcauslan

Programmer
Jun 21, 1999
GB
I need to secure an Access 97 database from being copied over to an other computer. I have applied user level security settings but my boss would like to know of there is a way of preventing the access file being copied under Windows 95<br>
<br>
Any suggestions??<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Ross McAuslan<br>
CIA Ltd.

Pretty much any file can be copied, and unfortunately there's not much you can do to prevent it. However, the file must be SEEN in order to be copied. In either DOS or Windows Explorer, set the attribute to Hidden. Anyone who knows much about computers can circumvent this, however. Your best bet is to have the entire database passworded, and leave it at that. Good Luck!

Thats what I thought, Do you know if there is any way of preventing the database window appearing if you hold right shift down when loading for users without admin privelages in the database workgroup??<br>
<br>
Cheers for your help<br>
Rosco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back