Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oppenhiemer

Programmer
Jun 28, 2001
GB
Hi -

Yes, I know its old - but I still use it at he moment ;). Having successfully used the ODE toolkit for 97 to distribute access apps for some time now, I have recently come across a problem.

I have a button on a toolbar that allows users to send a report to an email recipient using the "Docmd.SendObject" method. This has worked fine until now. Having recently given them a fresh setup/ installation routine, after installing they are complaining that they are no longer able to use this email facility.

Apparently, they are now prompted for an Outlook Profile when this button is clicked (and they dont have outlook installed (never have had - and it seemed to work ok.)

I am wondering if this strange behaviour may be down to a DLL versioning problem ? Perhaps the DLL's shiped with the standard toolkit are somehow not compatible with Windows XP service pack 2 ?

I must admit I am at a loss here. AFAIK the sendObject should work with any MAPI compliant email client ? Not just outlook ?

Also, the same setup routine seems to be causing all sorts of problems with Windows 2000! This is why I wondered if there was a DLL problem at work here.

On Windows 2000, the same setup routine causes strange problems such as users not being able to use Add/Remove programs from
the control panel (comes up with a scripting error ?)

Anyway, any help would be MUCH appreciated (especially with regards the emailing issue.)

Cheers..

Opp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back