Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access runtime deployment with security???

Status
Not open for further replies.

level0

Programmer
Dec 6, 2001
GB
Hi everyone. I want to deploy MS access using XP developer edition. I m using the access runtime to do this.

Everything works perfect until security comes to be involved. I am using the Tools>Security>User-Level Security Wizard to assign different security to different users.

Basically i wans a super admin and an update user. The admin can do everything and the user only view and update.

Although when i am packaging the DB including both MDB and MDW (security file) the application does not work. I receive an error stating that security settings do not allow me to touch this file at all without requesting Log-in info????

Any ideas any tutorials or whatever???? Please help

Kind of confused as to exactly what your problem is. Is it failing to ask you to log in?

One thing you don't really want to do is to assign privileges to users. Rather you want to create groups, assign privileges to those groups and then assign users to the groups. In your case, you might create one group called SuperUsers. This group would have rights to everything. You would then assign users to this group. Your second group might be called TypicalUser. You would assign whatever rights you wanted this group to have. And then assign users to this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back