Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Runtime - avoiding doc delete etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

catdesign

Programmer
Jul 19, 2000
GB
I can't believe this is not easily solvable but even though I switch 'confirm record changes', 'confirm document deletions' etc to 'no' in Edit/Find of Options before creating a "Package" for installing a runtime version of my database it always has the check boxes set to yes after install.

Microsoft (and a previous thread here) suggest that I use the SetWarnings to false command in code. This does not work as a Macro by the way) However because it is a rather radical switch I am advised to switch this on and off before and after each batch of queries. I have literally 1000s of lines of code in this database and this is not really an option.

I seem to remember being able to use some code that would allow you to set application options but I cant remember the syntax.

I think I have solved the problem with my last statement.

After I posted the thread, I tried inserting the following:

Application.SetOption "Confirm document Deletions", False

and it appears to work in ordinary Access XP so assume it will work in Runtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back