Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Runtime and replication issues (if any)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roytheboy

Programmer
Aug 18, 2002
GB
Hey Guys.

Anyone had any experience in replication in Access using replication manager.

I have LOTS of experience in access and runtime .. but not replicaiton manager.

Im looking at a main db on site. 14 remote laptops.. not much syncing... but never the less syncing.

Does anyoe know if using Access Runtim will cause issues or limitations when using replication. I cant find anything on it on other forums or microsofts sites.

I have a proposal ready to go for this... so a speedy reply would be appreciated..

Many Thanks in advance peeps

Romolo

The answer: it depends. Take the time to set up a test run and force all your users to try out the "new test system" before you move the database there--this way you'll know for sure. If they're unwilling to 'waste their time' on testing, then go ahead without testing.

Have a nice day.

I've not used replication for a couple of years so I don't know if one of the later releases has improved the mechanism for resolving conflicts. If two users made contradictory changes to the same data on their laptops then it was difficult to decide which was to be used.

Geoff Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back