Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Rule limited to RADIUS group

Status
Not open for further replies.

disturbedone

Vendor
Sep 28, 2006
AU
I work in a school environment including boarders which means that there are many rules that need to apply to different groups of users in different ways.

One example is that boarders, who are onsite 24/7, need to have different privileges than other students but only at certain times of the day. I have just found how to create time ranges and apply them to Access Rules to eg allow Spotify to work outside of school hours.

I would like to allow certain mobile apps (iOS, Android) but only to certain users and maybe, but not definitely, during a specific time period. For example, allow an app that uses ports 5000-5009 to only staff and not students. Is it possible to configure a rule to allow this to happen based on user groups that are defined using RADIUS (or in some other way)?? I suspect not but I thought I'd ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back