Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access rights to a Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

BScentral

Programmer
Mar 25, 2003
US
Hello,
I am using CR9 and posting reports to CE9. The problem I'm having is I have a report on CE9 that is grouped by regions. (example)
Gulf, Plains, North etc. Each region has a number of account managers. I would like to set the report access so that when an account manager goes in to view the report, he will only see his region. Is there any way I can do this? My manager does not want to set up a parameter because of run time on our server.
Thanks in advance.

Sure, though it would require the use of a front end of some sort to pass a query which limited the rows, or perhaps you could use single sign on and as part of the query use some security table.

This is based upon the database type, but in general security is something one addresses on the database side, not in disparate clients.

-k

Thank -k for the reply. I have also discovered business views that is included with our CE10 upgrade so I can wait for that installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back