Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Request Email Notification not being sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncotton

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2006
GB
I'm trying to get access requests setup on a document library, and the request comes through the pending access requests portal, however the access request recipient never receives an email notification.
Checking the UML logs gives me the following error.

Code:
Failed attempt 1 sending mail to recipients: abc@xyz.com. Mail Subject: Help Desk wants to access 'MES'. Error: SmtpException while sending email: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender    
 at System.Net.Mail.DataStopCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String serverResponse)    
 at System.Net.Mail.DataStopCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn)    
 at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)    
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.Email.SPSmtpClient.Send(MailMessage msg)    
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.Email.SPSmtpClient.TrySend(MailMessage msg)

All other notification services (including the approval of access requests) are received by users, it's just the request notification its self that doesn't appear to be working.

Can anyone assist?

Neil J Cotton

I've never setup that side of things in SharePoint. Is the mail settings setup separately for that notification type? It sure sounds like it's a configuration issue for how you're telling SharePoint to connect to the email server.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back