Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

CathieB

Programmer
Feb 21, 2003
US
I have Access 2002 and have a report that has about 100 pages, I would like to put Cont'd in the Page header on all pages except for the first. I would appreciate any help in making this happen. Thank YOU

Create a text box in the header (or footer) of report. Add following for Control Source.

=IIf([Page]>1,"Continued","")

Steve Medvid
"IT Consultant & Web Master"

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

Thank you very much SMedvid. Now I would like to throw a wrench in the question. The Report has Groupings on it. Each grouping could fall on many pages, now the client wants the grouping header with Cont'd if the grouping is continued on to another page. Is that possible?

Thank you again

I'm sure it can be done, but don't have time to psuedo code it... here are some suggestions...

Create a global/public variable (lcGroup). Within the code On Print (of footer) store the value of the Group you are printing into that variable. On header check if lcGroup is equal to Group being printed. If so, the display test "continued"...

htwh,

Steve Medvid
"IT Consultant & Web Master"

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back