Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Report - Totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylornow

Technical User
Oct 16, 2000
US
I have a report that needs totals. I have all of them except one. The information came from an Excel file and one of the fields consists of the letters "Y" or "N". In the footer I need to be able to separate the Y's from the N's and have a total for each. All the expressions I have tried haven't worked. I can get a grand total but not individual ones. Is there anyway to distinguish between the two and get a total for each ?

thanks a bunch
Taylor

I've used the "Count" and "DCount" functions where you count the number of records with "Y" and the number of records with "N"

I tried those but all I got was a grand total. Do I use one for the "y" and the other for the "n"? I think I have tried so many combinations that I have built up a block in my brain and nothing is working. I have a query with the "y" and another for the "n". Could I use the queries somewhere in the expression so it will just pull the total I want ?

thanks

I may be wrong, but try something like this;
(the syntax is probably off, its the contents that matters)

=DCount("[FieldofN]","[NameOfNquery]","[FieldofN]='N'")

=DCount("[FieldofY]","[NameOfYquery]","[FieldofY]='Y'")

hope it helps

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back