Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACCESS REPORT LEAVES WORDS OUT WHEN PRINTING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2001
US
When printing an Access reprot on a HP 5L personal laser printer, some of the words in the heading do not print. Report prints fine on an HP 3 laser printer. The same line always does not print on the HP 5L. Is there anything I can do short of replacing the printer.
Thanks

Perhaps you could check a few things...

If the 5L gives you problems in other programs, hten perhaps you need to install a newer driver. Perhaps the printer 5L isn't set as the standard printer either and then it could be possible you're printing on the 5L with drivers for another printer. I'd check those things... ------------------------------------------------------------
The Child gave thought to the poet's words
Gave comfort to the Fallen.
------------------------------------------------------------

The line that does not print is a line with headings - literal text that prints the same on every page. It is about 1/3 down the page and goes across the page. It prints incomplete characters, so there is something printing but it is not readable. It prints this way every time the report prints. There is no problem with anything else printing on this printer. I can print an entire page of text in Word with no problem. The print driver has been reloaded. I would appreciate any other ideas on the subject.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back