Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access report fails to send via Outlook 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

breezett93

Technical User
Jun 24, 2015
US
One of our users, using Outlook 2016, is unable to send a report via email in Access. The user clicks the button which loads up the box saying, "Now Outputting reportName to mail message". Then, Access freezes up with the white screen and says it needs to close. No error message of any kind is given.

Both the user and I use Access 2013, though the users use run-time. I use Outlook 2013, and the button works just fine which is why I'm leaning toward Outlook 2016 being the problem.

The issue is that I can't put Outlook 2016 on my PC to see if I can get an error message while running the file without the run-time.

The original setup of the button was an access-built macro. I also added a button using
Code:
 DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "rptName", acFormatPDF
which yielded the same results.

Has anyone experienced this or have a better method/code of emailing the report?

If all else fails, I can certainly have the document save to a location and then attached manually, but that will get many complaints from the users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back