Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Replica error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccjjscb

Technical User
Jan 18, 2006
US
Hello All,
I have had this database for a few years now and just used it 5 days ago. Went to open it this morning and got an error message Stating, "This member of the replica set will expire in 6 days because it hasn't been synchronized with another member of the replica set.If the member is allowed to expire, it can no longer be synchronized with any other member of the replica set.@Synchronize with another member as soon as possible. To synchronize, point to Replication on the Tools menu, and click Synchronize Now" Not sure what this means never ran into it before. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong and how to fix it?
Thanks for any and all help, suggestions.
Chris

This message means more or less what it says. At some stage this database was created as a replica from the Design Master. Do you still have the master copy? If not, it is possible to recover the Design Master from the replica, however, if you do that, it will no longer be possible to synchronize.

Can't figure out how this database was replicated but there is no master anywhere to be found. I tried to use the Recover Design Master from the tool bar, but it was greyed out. Any idea how to create the master from this or what I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Chris

I would not make it a design master even if it was possible.

1) Create a new blank database.
2) Import all forms, reports, tables, and modules from your old database using "File", "Get External Data", "Import"
3) Now if it is a replicated table you will have fields like
S_Lineage
S_Generation
S_GUID
These are replication fields.
4) If you want to get rid of the replication fields run a make table query on all of your tables and include all of your fields except the replication fields. Once done delete the old table and rename your new table to the old table name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back