Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access/Remove Roaming Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

PU36

MIS
Mar 16, 2005
US
I currently use Roaming Profiles for my Citrix users. However at times their Roaming Profiles have become corrupted or I want to add something to their desktop so the next time they log in they will have it.

However, right now when I go to access their roaming profile it tells me (Domain Admin) Access Denied. How can I configure permissions to allow only the administrators access to their profile and the ability to delete it when it becomes corrupted?

You can take ownership of the profile and that would give you the rights to do whatever you want with it.

In the security properties, select Advanced and then select the Owner tab and the User or Group you want to own the directory, then select the "replace owner on subcontainers" option and click OK. Now you can delete the profile.

If you want to add something to the desktop of all users, add it to the All Users\Desktop.

-Joe

It was weird, I took ownership of it, then it didn't let the users update their profile. I had to take ownership of it and then propagate permissions back down to the folders again.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back