Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Remedy Database from VB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmd3

Programmer
Jan 22, 2002
US
I am trying to SELECT information out of a Remedy Database from a Visual Basic 6 program.

I am using ADODB and connecting to the Remedy ODBC Data Source.

I can open the connection with out error, but when I try to Execute my SQL Statment ("SELECT ...") I get the following error: [ISAM]No Data Found.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.
- Bill

I was able to retreive Remedy data via ODBC .NET, which is in Beta 1.

Can you update Remedy data via ODBC? Well, with the ODBC drivers that Remedy supplies? What's the workaround if you can't,,, just the API.

Hi all
well, my experiance with connecting to remedy was from ultradev and i found that ur select statment must have a 'where ' clause so it can retrive data ,i dont know y, but thats the way it works guy,...but my problem is that iwhen i test the statment it retrive rows but when i try to aply it , it give my an error ...unexpected end of the sql statement ..So any idea ??!!!!

I know that this is an old thread, but I have got Remedy reads working fine from VB6, Access and Excel QueryTables.

1. Use the Remedy-supplied ODBC driver.
2. SELECT syntax; fields are quote-encapsulated when longer than a single word and need CrLf breaks between SQL lines (& Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10)), so the query looks weird. The following is an example:

strSQL = "SELECT Site, ""Reporting Type"", ""Request ID"", ""Create-date"", " & _
"""Requester Name +"", Status, ""Modified Date"", ""Short-Description"", ""Assignee Group"", " & _
"""Primary Assignee"", ""User Location"", ""Date Required"", SLA" & _
Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10) & _
"FROM ""QKAN Service Request""" & Chr(13) & "" & Chr(10) & _
&quot;WHERE (Status <> 'Closed') AND (Status <> 'Resolved') AND (Status <> 'Cancelled') &quot; & _
Chr(13) & &quot;&quot; & Chr(10) & _
&quot;ORDER BY &quot;&quot;Date Required&quot;&quot;&quot;

3. You must have at least one WHERE clause, because Remedy generally won't let you perform unqualified SELECTs.

Hope this helps.

HI! Could you please provide me the stirng connection that you use to connect to the remedy database. I have one that works well by VB6 but by ASP it doesn´t work PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back